Smorgasbord of stuff





Some recent stuff.... The loooooong picture shows some caricatures I've done this past weekend. I'm happy with the head on the Superman one since that's probably the farthest I've pushed a live caricature. The single character is all done in ink, acrylics, and watercolor and touched up in Pshop. It's part of a larger project I'm working on. I'm starting to lean toward more traditional work, I just think it has more life to it. And the last piece is another page from the moleskin. I'm finding less and less time to sketch.... I did this one during my business class..ha. Take care.

*edit
* instead of starting a new post I though I'd add this sketch up top of a fireman that is test drawing in hopes of landing an illustration gig...

2 comments:

Adam Tamte Volker said...

Right on man, your work is consistently professional. Your creating a solid body of work.

-Tamte

Anonymous said...

Hi Francis,
Checking out your site, since you graciously checked mine thru conceptart...
Very solid stuff. I haven't been so inspired by linework in a long while! And the color schemes are gorgeous. I see that you pursue lots of directions, as do I. Not many of us do that. Interested to learn what you love most, out of all your directions. Lets keep in touch on our blogs. I have a feeling we can help and inspire each other. BTW, I used to live in Tampa, now I'm across in melbourne. Also BTW, I think you should hook up with Sterling Hundley, who is teaching in Sarasota thru mid july i think... maybe you already knew that!