UK family


Sooo, this is a comissioned portrait of a great family from the UK. They suprisingly asked me to do it in the style of my sketchbook so that's how I handled it. I did it very mixed media: acrylic, ink, spraypaint, and watercolor. It was fun. Thanks to my dad for making the surface...it's actually illustration board on 2 inch deep border all around, about 40in x 14in, cool stuff. The photo is real rough. I would have took it outside to snap a pic but of course this is the day before I leave for school and it is raining here in Detroit....so I pieced the top photo together from multiple pictures. Hope you guys dig it!
take care, fv

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great paintings, love the pages in your sketchbook as well!

Nacho Molina said...

Good work!!! its very funny and you mixed all very well. woow!!! i like it

R.Dress said...

Hi Francis,

I read one of your comments you left on the Leadsled now I'm here. Really cool work man! Looking forward to browse your inspiration list!!!! I'll be back for sure.

*R

SHANE PRIGMORE said...

Hey man, very cool blog. I never have time to post comments but I wanted to thank you for your post on mine. And yes I know Mosier very well. He left Cal Arts for disney the year before I got there but I ended up bumping into him throughout his carreer from going to school and working with his friends and mentors like Tony Fucile and James Baxter. Those are the two guys that gave him his design brake on Hunchback. Yeah I love Joe's work. And inadvertantly we both have the same influences and mentors throught the years.
But hey, really cool blog man. Keep it up

Pointpusher said...

Francis this is great man. Just think, these people will look at that painting thousands of times, but there will be moments for each of them when thwy look at it, and remember the slice of time you captured in their family life. Very very cool man. Beautiful and unique.

Andre Barnwell said...

Tight man tight.