more new-ness





Hey guys, things have been so busy I haven't had too much time to goof around in the sketchbook. Heres something I put together tonight in my moleskine directly above. The very top image is from an illustration im 80% finished with. The thing I'm enjoying about this piece is that it is a 4x5ft painting...(I don't think I can go back to smaller paintings again..haha). I'll post the final when I finish it. The second image is an 8 hr figure painting. I like that I'm using color in the skin tone, although I think I need to be more subtle with it. The next image is the "finished" Rockwell. It's nowhere near the polish of the original although this piece proved to be a big turning point since I learned so mucha from it. I finished it about a month ago... I just took a pic today so any quality from these recent paintings is a result of what I learned from that painting. Have a good one!!
-francis
*thanks for all the kind comments by the way!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey buddy,
Thanks for stopping by my page. I'm really glad my wrk spoke to you. Your stuff is absolutely breathtaking my friend. I was getting goosebumps as I was scrolling through these pages. These paintings...SIIIIIIICK! Very nice and inspiring (I need to learn to paint myself ;-)
I see you go to Ringling, do you have George Pratt as a professor in any of your classes??...He was my teacher here at VCU a few years back..and I haven't heard from him in a really long time. If it's not too much trouble, if you see him around..tell him "Tin" from VCU said hello (Hopeefully he will remember me) Anyways...., I'm glad I discovered your work and thanks for all the crits (and the link) over at CA. Keep crankin' and keep in touch.
-Tin

Unknown said...

Yo is that Brother Ali up on top? ILL-SICK either way homie. Stay up.

guno park said...

hey.. thanks for the visit. you've got some real nice work. hope to see more in the future. guno.

Jeffrey Alan Love said...

I found your blog through Tin, and I have to say that you are doing some amazing work. Awe-inspiring. It's made me want to work that much harder on my own stuff. Are you going to be at Ringling this summer? I'm a student at VCU and am applying to the Illustration Academy for this summer...

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

hey francis. I wanted to ask you a question. Who you like me personally to be more critical of your work? bacause it seems to me that you have all the positive comments you could ever want, rightfully so of course. I ask that cause I know you want to keep getting better and so if you want i'll be the one who won't be the easiest to please. Anyway, great work overall.

Laura Temple said...

these are awesome!

herb said...

Sketching every day is a great idea sometimes difficult but a really good idea. I like your "quick sketch" approach to your reclining blond nude . Fresh color, like the way the face comes into focus amid the loose brush strokes .

Enjoying my caricature it's really nice. thanks

Anonymous said...

you - a wonderful artist! no words! delight!